Here is a list of writing prompts that you can use for practice.
References: Tomi Adeyemi
- When she pulled into the driveway she noticed the door was ajar. She wasn’t scared until she saw blood on the handle.
- “I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Ghosts hate McDonald’s.”
- “They told me you’re the guy to see.” “For what?” “Murder.”
- With that, she walked into the rain and didn’t look back. That was the last time anyone ever saw her.
- She stared at him, holding her favorite teddy bear in one hand and his pistol in the other. “Hi Dad”, she whispered.
- She pulled the mask over her face as they watched the guard lock up for the night. “You ready?” he asked. “Let’s do this.”
- He pulled against the ropes with all his might, but they wouldn’t give. “Don’t bother,” a voice said. He looked up to discover a thin girl bound with the same rope. Although it was dark, he could see her bruised eyes and bloody wrists. “I already tried.”
- “I don’t know,” he shrugged. “Sometimes i pray for patience, sometimes i just pray for a gun.”
- The ghosts had always been there. It just took her a few years to realise that she was the only person who could see them.
- She stared at her bloodstained hands as she backed away from his body. “I’m sorry, ” she whispered, silent tear running down her cheer. “I’m so sorry”
- “If we get arrested, it’s your fault.”
- She pulled the knife from her chest and smiled. “Was that supposed to hurt?”
- “You only heard his side. You don’t know the truth”
- She crashed through the doors of the police station and slammed her hands against the steel counter.”Give me back my daughter.”